About Nasal Obstruction and Nasal Valve Collapse
Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms?
- Nasal congestion or stuffiness
- Nasal blockage or obstruction
- Trouble breathing through your nose
- Trouble sleeping
- Unable to get enough air through your nose during exercise or exertion
If so, you may be one of more than 20 million Americans suffering from nasal obstruction,i which restricts airflow through the nose and negatively impacts one’s quality of life.
One of the most common causes of nasal obstruction is nasal valve collapse (NVC)iii,iv, which occurs as a result of weak lateral cartilage collapsing inward when a person inhales. NVC is as prevalent as septal deviation and turbinate hypertrophy among nasal and sinus patients.
A New Option
We are now offering a new option called LATERA®, an absorbable nasal implant that provides support to the collapsing lateral nasal cartilage. LATERA may help you breathe better by reducing your nasal obstruction symptoms. It is inserted through a small incision in the nose.
Patients reported improved breathing through their nose and little risk of changes to appearance.vi The majority of patients implanted with LATERA were satisfied with their breathing (86%) and appearance (93%) results.
Clinical research shows LATERA patients experience:
- Reduced nasal congestion or stuffiness
- Less trouble breathing through the nose
- Improved ability to get enough air the nose during exercise or exertion
- Reduced nasal blockage or obstruction
- Less trouble sleeping
Risks included temporary symptoms such as mild bruising and inflammation, awareness of the implant and mild pain or irritation.
We are the first to perform LATERA in Washington and the first to do it under local anesthesia in the office.